Can I feel safe in the City of Nuevo Vallarta?
Yes, Nuevo Vallarta is a calm and peaceful tourist complex; however, it is never an excess to take certain precautions in order to avoid inconveniences that might blur your perfect days of sun and beaches.
Bear in mind the following recommendations during your stay in Nuevo Vallarta:
What should I do in case on an emergency?
- Mind your luggage at the airport, and do not accept to run errands or carry packages from people you do not know.
- Put your wallet in a safe place and carry with you only the money you deem necessary for the day's expenses and no more than one credit card.
- Do not wear too much jewellery, leave them at the hotel's safety box, and keep an eye on your photo and video cameras.
- Try to catch the taxies parked at the doors of the hotels or at tourist places, especially at night.
- Avoid walking along solitary places, and try to be always in the company of someone else, especially at night.
- If you need to withdraw money from an ATM, try not to go by yourself, and abort your transaction if you notice any unusual device or if you notice that any of the slots have been tampered with.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages in the streets for safety reasons. On the other hand, do not carry with you illegal substances under any circumstances, for Mexican police are usually very drastic regarding such cases.
It is recommendable to call the following institutions:
Police: (52-329) 296-5560
Municipal and Tourist Police: (52-329) 291-0440 / 291-0295
Green Angels: (road assistance): (52-322) 221-2680
Port Captainship: (52-322) 297-0214
Red Cross: (52-322) 222-1533 / 222-4973
Civil Protection and Fire Fighters: (52-329) 291-0016
Public Attorney's Office of Banderas Common Jurisdiction: (329) 291-0582
Also get in contact with the embassy or consulate of your country of origin.